Welcome! This website is used to collect transportation research and implementation ideas for the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) and Minnesota Local Road Research Board (LRRB).
Please share your research need or idea and we will contact you with more information about possible funding opportunities or assistance from in-house researchers and librarians.
MnDOT and the LRRB offer several funding opportunities:
- Research Implementation, a pilot project to evaluate a new process, equipment or technology, or put new research findings into practice.
- Academic Research, typically a 2-4 year formal study typically performed by a university. (Annual idea deadlines are in November (cities/counties) and March (MnDOT) for consideration; however, urgent needs will considered at any time)
- Transportation Research Synthesis, a short turnaround report that compiles information on a specific topic.
- Pooled Fund Research, participation in a joint study with other states
- For general questions or assistance in submitting your MnDOT or LRRB research idea, contact Marcus Bekele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on MnDOT's research implementation program, contact Hafiz Munir at email@example.com.
- For information on the Transportation Research Synthesis program, contact Leif Halverson at firstname.lastname@example.org.