Welcome to the Minnesota Transportation Research Collaboration Site
COVID-19 Research Announcement
The COVID-19 crisis impacts every aspect of the transportation system. The Minnesota Department of Transportation has launched the COVID-19 Research Campaign to inform COVID-19-related decisions and understand COVID-19's impact on the state and local transportation sector. Currently, up to $160,000 is available for the solicitation.
To submit your COVID-19 transportation research proposal click the "Submit New Idea" button (upper right), complete all fields of the online form, and click "Submit" at the bottom of the form when you are done.
- Research proposal submissions will only be accepted June 1-15, 2020. No late submissions will be considered.
- Research Proposals must identify:
o One MnDOT or Minnesota Local Agency staff member (Champion) AND
o One staff member from a University under (or finalizing) a master contract with MnDOT OR a consultant on the Transportation Research Assistance Program certified list (Primary Investigator/Researcher)
- Who may submit a COVID-19 Research Proposal:
o MnDOT employees
o City/county employees
o Certified consultants (TRAP Program)
o Professors from a university under (or finalizing) a master contract with MnDOT
- May 29, 2020: Recommended notification of interest to email@example.com
- May 22 – June 1, 2020: Initial champion/researcher collaboration
- June 1 – June 15, 2020: IdeaScale Campaign Open
- June 16 – July 23, 2020: Research proposal review & selection
Contact: If you need assistance, please contact Marcus Bekele at firstname.lastname@example.org.