Welcome! This website is used to collect transportation research ideas for the Minnesota Department of Transportation and Minnesota Local Road Research Board.
Please share your research need or idea and we will contact you with more information about possible funding opportunities or assistance from in-house transportation researchers and librarians.
MnDOT and the Local Road Research Board have several funding programs available to transportation practitioners:
- Research Implementation, a pilot project to evaluate a new process, equipment or technology, or put new research findings into practice.
- Transportation Research Synthesis, a short turnaround research report that addresses a specific topic.
- Pooled Fund Research, participation in a joint research study with other states
- Academic Transportation Research, a typically 2-4 year formal study performed by a university research team. (Annual academic research idea deadlines are November (cities/counties) and March (MnDOT) for possible inclusion in the annual RFP to academic institutions; however, urgent needs will be considered at any any time)
- For general questions or assistance in submitting your MnDOT or LRRB research idea, contact Marcus Bekele at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on MnDOT's research implementation program, contact Hafiz Munir at email@example.com.
- For information on the Transportation Research Synthesis program, contact Leif Halverson at firstname.lastname@example.org.